Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Pop of Shoe

I've been picturing this black striped top with the bright shoes since it was waaay too cold to wear peep toes. I wanted a black outfit with these shoes so they could be the focus. 

I found the shoes for $4 at Rack Room on clearance. Good thing I was patient when I bought them.



The jeans were supposed to be boyfriend jeans, but when I got them they were capris on this 5 foot 8 gal. I had to hold off on wearing them too, since I ordered them in the dead of winter. 


Blazer: Old Navy
Top: Gap outlet
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: Maurices
Belt: Steve Madden via  TJ Maxx
Pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Rack Room


Can we talk about my ghostly legs for a minute? I look like a freak, the pictures don't do it justice. Unfortunately I can't lay in a tanning bed because I have a high risk of melanoma. Every year my dermatologist tells me not to go to a tanning bed as I'm leaving.

Any alternative suggestions? I like spray tans but they get expensive and don't last long! Advice or a miracle is appreciated, preferably the miracle.



Linking up with:

 Shanna for Random Wednesday
The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday
STYLELIXIR for Weekly Link Up





20 comments:

  1. Super cute shoes! Perhaps we could switch heights?!! I would looovveeee to be 5'8"!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 5'8" definitely has it's advantages ;)

      Delete
  2. what beautiful shoes! :)
    thanks for visiting that ladies in navy!
    kw Ladies in Navy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of your shoes and peep toe shoes are my favorite. Wearing some black ones right now!! And $4? Awesome!! I love me some good discounts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Talisha! I'm always down for a good discount!

      Delete
  4. Girl you haven't seen pale legs until you swing by my blog. Make sure you have your sunglasses ready. I love your shoes! They are so fun with this outfit.

    Amy
    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whatever, I'm hard to beat. I love some colorful shoes!

      Delete
  5. Love the pop of color!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you figure out the miracle for getting a tan, let ME know!! :-) I say embrace the whiteness...that's what I'm doing over here :-)

    Ok, $4???!!! Such a great deal for such cute shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day I'll come to peace with it. Yes $4. I'd by almost anything for $4.

      Delete
  7. You look adorable! I love the pop of color with your shoes! I recently ventured into the boyfriend jean world too. I think most of us are suffering for pale legs right now so don't feel bad! I am sporting them proudly!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. We could make this pale legs thing a trend. Then everybody would be carrying around umbrellas in the sun.

      Delete
  8. I am totally in love with those shoes!! Like I want them hehe. You look so beautiful, and I love the addition of that leopard print belt hehe xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pop of colour with your heels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That my kind of pop of color, sista! Love the look all around! Thanks so much for linking up with the Best Of last week! Take care!
    -kristen

    The Mrs. and The Momma

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from each and every one of you!