Thursday, April 4, 2013

Shopping Ban & Birthday Wish List

A day of reckoning has come. I've been thinking about just how out of control my shopping has been lately. I've pretty much purchased whatever I wanted on a whim. So I've decided it's time to exercise a little self control.  Of course nobody can quit cold turkey...right?

I'm going to give up shopping for clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. until my birthday (the end of May). Today is day 7 and I need a cigarette (just kidding, I don't smoke. This might drive me to starting though).

I'll keep you updated and let you know how it goes.

On to the birthday wish list....



birthday wishlist




There are already TWO  items I would have bought had the shopping ban not been initiated, so at least it is serving a purpose.

These Sperry's have been popping up all over my blog. I would have bought them by now, but  I'm waiting it out.

I LOVE these Tory Burch reva flats and I don't own anything Tory Burch. I did, however, just buy a louis vuitton speedy. So, I'm going to put the designer purchases on the back burner. These guys are pricey but I would love a pair.

Jewelry is my thing ya'll. I also would have bought a light pink necklace this week to go with all of the mint green I have to wear this spring. Reminder: I'm keeping my wallet in my purse. No necklace yet. I also would love a real pearl ring, but this is on the bottom of my list at the moment.

And...

For clothing additions. I'd like to add a pair of white cropped pants to go with bright colored tops for the summer and a pretty maxi dress. Again...wallet closed.

I think I can... I think I can.....

Linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday

14 comments:

  1. I need to follow your example. My birthday was last month, so in anticipation of getting money instead of gifts, I started shopping. Unfortunately, I haven't stopped. I need to set a goal date for myself and put my wallet away until then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I always do Sybil. We need to put locks on our wallets!

      Delete
  2. I´ve been shopping non stop too because of the sales that´s been going on here until now but you´re right, it´s about time to zip that wallet for now. Good luck to us! :)

    PS: Loving that pearl ring, pink necklace and TB flats. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sales are killin' me. I failed to mention I shopped my heart out at the outlet malls Friday before the ban began :)

      Delete
  3. Shopping bans are so hard...but really great at the same time.

    I have a pair of TB flats (got them for my bday last year), and feel like I wear them every day. I honestly think they're a great investment for your wardrobe. (I'm not really helping with that whole shopping ban am I?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so bad, you are really making me want a pair!! Do you get a lot of wear out of them in the summer?

      Delete
  4. love the dress and the bracelet! you have a good taste :)

    Mónica <3
    lookatmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha-I did that too and then I got money for my birthday from everyone and went CRAZY. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm sure I will be the same--out of control!

      Delete
  6. So many pretty things!I want them all:-)You have a nice blog, what about following each other?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love hearing from each and every one of you!